Friday, December 31, 2010

MY highschool edition, Moby-Dick

Moby-Dick1964, fall, back seat of a maroon Buick Electra, head down, eyes shut, sat a young boy. His parents were following a hundred years of Yankee tradition by taking the boy to private school for four years of schooling.

The school, Tabor Academy, was going to be four years of fun, growing up, sailing, smoking, and drinking! only as a lad of 14 could do, away from parents...

This is the high school copy I bought for the English Lit class that I took, paid $1.05 for a brand new copy, as I write this, I have no recollection of the teacher, the class, or of reading any of the book...

In the post about the Japanese Edition, I relate the circumstances about how and when I actually read this book.

I have repeatedly gone back to this book to re read all or parts of the novel. There are, however, no notes, and no underlinings. That is something I have yet to do. I know all of my favorite passages, where they are and why I like them...

On the inside back cover, there is a rudimentary chart of my family tree, as some time, I wrote that, for what purpose I dont remember...

Next post: An academic gem!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Hello Pretty city, we strive for cool, here at the Moby Dick Collection... Bill

    ReplyDelete